Introduction to the Governing Body
The Governors at Harestock School are committed to school improvement. We work closely, and in partnership, with the Head teacher and senior leadership team to ensure that every child in the school has the best possible education and skills for life.
We meet once every half term as a Full Board and also meet in committees below is a link outlining the dates for these meetings. The main committees are currently: Finance and Resources, Staffing, and Learning & Standards. Once minutes have been approved by the Full Board or relevant Subcommittee at their next meeting, they are available for you to read by asking at the school office. Updates on the activities of the Governing Body are also available in Governors blog.
This “Governors” page is designed to:
- keep you up to date and provide an overview of our current work;
- let you know who we are , how we are structured and organise our work in order to carry out our role;
- summarise the role of the Governing Body;
- provide the required statutory information about the Governing Body; and
- provide you with information about applying to become a Governor.
Keeping you up to date
We aim to send out a Governors’ newsletter at least once a year to provide an update as to the activities of the governing body and its plans for the year. In 2015 we are also starting a Governors’ blog, on this website, to provide quick updates about the Governing Body and its work. We have also prepared summary reports in relation to our recent work and these can be viewed by clicking here.