In Otter class over the last few weeks, we have been really busy learning how magnets work.
We now know that:
- Magnets have two poles- North and South.
- They work the same underwater as they do in air.
- You cannot see a magnet working- it has an invisible force
- Magnets attract and repel each other
- Not all materials are magnetic- not even all coins are magnetic, even though they’re metal.
- Magnets can work through materials, such as wood, plastic and paper –this means they don’t need to make contact with the magnetic material.