Closing Date: Thursday 21st November 2019 at noon
Interview Date: Wednesday 27th November 2019
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract/Hours: Permanent, part-time, 19 hours per week over 4 or 5 days. 40 weeks per year, term time only. Hours negotiable.
Salary Type: Support Staff, Grade E, Step 1- 5 fte £25,833- £28,791 depending on experience. Actual salary is £11,638- £13,141.
We are a friendly and supportive primary school looking to appoint an efficient and highly motivated Finance Officer to join our friendly and committed team working in a very busy school office environment.
The successful candidate will be the school’s finance expert, providing advice and support to the headteacher and governors regarding financial planning and financial regulations.
The job holder is also responsible for monitoring and control of the school budget, and ensuring value for money regarding school expenditure including compliance with HCC purchasing regulations.
They will also be expected to involve themselves in the life of the school and provide administrative support to meet the needs of the school as required.
Essential knowledge and skills to clearly include in the application form
- Educated to GCSE level standard or equivalent with 5 passes including English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Minimum two years financial experience to include experience in budget monitoring and financial management.
- Understanding of financial regulations and procedures.
- Experience of computerised financial accounting systems.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, demonstrating a friendly but professional approach.
- Have attention to detail and are accurate.
- Capable of working on own initiative, able to prioritise workload and manage deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proactive and able to identify and implement business improvements and cost savings.
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Part qualified AAT (Accounting Technician) or equivalent.
- Experience of using SAP for processing and reporting.
- Experience of financial planning software.
- Understanding of requisition procedures, arranging and processing payments and keeping accurate records.
- Understanding of data protection.
- Previous experience working in a school or for Hampshire County Council.
- Effective team work.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged Please contact the school office to arrange a suitable time, either by phone or by e-mail – email@example.com
Please download and complete an application form and submit either by post or to the email address above. For further information about our school, please visit our website: www.harestock.co.uk
Address: Harestock Primary School, Bramshaw Close, Winchester, SO22 6LU.
Tel: 01962 881026/881575