Please find our policy for the use of images of children at Harestock Primary School below:
Conditions of use
- Further use of any of the images on this site is forbidden.
- We will not re-use any images *after this time / *after the project is completed.
- We will not include details or full names (which means first name and surname) of any child or adult in an image on video, on our website, or in printed publications, without good reason. For example, we may include the full name of a competition prize winner if we have their consent. However, we will not include the full name of a model used in promotional literature.
- We will not include personal e-mail or postal addresses, or telephone or fax numbers on video or on our website or in printed publications.
- If we use images of individual pupils, we will not use the name of that child in the accompanying text or photo caption without good reason. And if a pupil is named in the text, we will not use a photograph of that child to accompany the article without good reason. For example, we may include a picture and full name in a press release or of a competition prize winner in another publication if we have their consent. However, we will not include a picture and full name of a model used in promotional literature.
- We may use group or class images with very general labels, such as “a science lesson” or “making Christmas decorations”.
- We will only use images of pupils who are suitably dressed, to reduce the risk of such images being used inappropriately.
Under the 1998 Data Protection Act your rights include:
a) in accordance with principle 1 of the Act, your consent (to the publication of your photo) can be withdrawn at any time
b) in accordance with principle 2 of the Act, your photo will not be used for any other purpose without your further consent
c) in accordance with principle 4 of the Act, your personal data will be accurately maintained and kept up to date
d) in accordance with principle 5 of the Act, publication of your photo will cease and all electronic copies will be deleted when you leave the County Council
e) in accordance with principle 8 of the Act, your photo will not be published on Hantsweb, without your further explicit consent.
Please note that websites can be viewed throughout the world, not just in the United Kingdom where UK law applies.